Eurocode 9: Aluminiumkonstruktioner - Del 1-1: Generelle regler for konstruktioner
OBS: Dansk oversættelse undervejs
1.1.1 Scope of EN 1999
(1)P EN 1999 applies to the design of buildings and civil engineering and structural works in aluminium. It complies with the principles and requirements for the safety and serviceability of structures, the basis of their design and verification that are given in EN 1990 Basis of structural design.
(2) EN 1999 is only concerned with requirements for resistance, serviceability, durability and fire resistance of aluminium structures. Other requirements, e.g. concerning thermal or sound insulation, are not considered.
(3) EN 1999 is intended to be used in conjunction with:
EN 1990 Basis of structural design
EN 1991 Actions on structures
European Standards for construction products relevant for aluminium structures
prEN 1090-1: Execution of steel structures and aluminium structures Part 1: Requirements for conformity assessment of structural components5
prEN 1090-3: Execution of steel structures and aluminium structures Part 3: Technical requirements for aluminium structures5(4) EN 1999 is subdivided in five parts:
EN 1999-1-1 Design of Aluminium Structures: General structural rules.
EN 1999-1-2 Design of Aluminium Structures: Structural fire design.
EN 1999-1-3 Design of Aluminium Structures: Structures susceptible to fatigue.
EN 1999-1-4 Design of Aluminium Structures: Cold-formed structural sheeting.
EN 1999-1-5 Design of Aluminium Structures: Shell structures.
1.1.2 Scope of EN 1999-1-1
(1) EN 1999-1-1 gives basic design rules for structures made of wrought aluminium alloys and limited
guidance for cast alloys (see section 3).
NOTE Minimum material thickness may be defined in the National Annex. The following limits are recommended if not otherwise explicitly stated in this standard:
- components with material thickness not less than 0,6 mm;
- welded components with material thickness not less than 1,5 mm;
- connections with:
o steel bolts and pins with diameter not less than 5 mm;
o aluminium bolts and pins with diameter not less than 8 mm;
o rivets and thread forming screws with diameter not less than 4,2 mm
(2) The following subjects are dealt with in EN 1999 1-1:
Section 1: General
Section 2: Basis of design
Section 3: Materials
Section 4: Durability
Section 5: Structural analysis
Section 6: Ultimate limit states for members
Section 7: Serviceability limit states
Section 8: Design of joints
Annex A Execution classes
Annex B Equivalent T-stub in tension
Annex C Materials selection
Annex D Corrosion and surface protection
Annex E Analytical models for stress strain relationship
Annex F Behaviour of cross section beyond elastic limit